Chai Spiced Rice Pudding
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened plain almond milk or other non dairy milk (use soy or oat milk for a nut-free option)
- 1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk well stirred
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 4 soft medjool dates pitted and roughly torn into pieces
- Place the rice, almond milk, coconut milk, water, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, cloves, almond butter, maple syrup, and dates in the Instant Pot and stir to combine.
- Secure the lid and select Pressure Cook at high pressure and set the cook time to 10 minutes.
- Once the 10-minute timer on the Instant Pot has completed and beeps, allow a natural pressure release for 5 minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Open the pot and stir the rice pudding thoroughly. There may be some extra liquid on top, but once you stir it, the liquid will incorporate into the rice and thicken up.
- Transfer the rice pudding to bowls and top with fresh fruit.