British Ale Cheese Fondue
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 1 clove garlic
- 350 ml Golden Ale or any light and floral ale of choice (we used St. Peters Golden Ale)
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 400 g gruyere grated
- 200 g Emmental grated
- Pinch of pepper
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Any of the following for serving: Bread, pretzel bites, apple slices, pear slices, steamed vegetables, boiled baby potatoes, sausages
- Peel, then squish your garlic clove. Rub the squished garlic around the inside of the inner pot to lightly flavour it, then discard.
- Pour the ale into the pot, select Sauté and set the time to 15 minutes. Heat the ale until warm.
- Place the cornflower into a bowl, along with the lemon juice and just enough additional water to loosen the cornflower to the consistency of double cream.
- Pour the cornflower mixture into the warm ale, while whisking constantly. Cook until the ale mixture thickens.
- Change the Saute temperature to low, then add the cheese into the thickened ale mixture a handful at a time. Mix well between each addition until the cheese is fully melted and repeat until all the cheese is added.
- Season the fondue with a pinch of pepper and nutmeg, then press Cancel.
- Select Keep Warm to keep your fondue gooey and melty whilst serving.
- Serve the fondue straight out of the Instant Pot alongside accompaniments of choice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!