- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 200 g bacon lardons
- 700 g diced stewing beef
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 large white onion diced
- 1 large carrot sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 250 ml red wine
- 500 ml beef stock
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp butter
- 450 g small white or brown mushrooms quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté function and set the time for 15minutes. Add the oil and sauté the bacon until crisp and browned then set aside.
- Add the beef to the inner pot and sear until browned on all sides in the oil/bacon fat.
- Return the bacon to the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with flour, toss well and cook on sauté for a further 4-5 minutes to brown.
- Add in the onions, carrots, wine, 2 cups of stock, tomato paste, 4 cloves minced garlic, and herbs. Stir well with a wooden spoon and deglaze the bottom of the pot. Secure the lid and press cancel to stop the Sauté function.
- Select Pressure Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes, then press start.
- When the cooking program has finished, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes then quick release any remaining pressure.
- While the steam is releasing, prepare your buttered mushrooms: Heat the butter in a medium-sized skillet/pan over medium heat. Add the remaining 2 cloves garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds), then add in the mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes, while shaking the pan occasionally to coat with the butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Press cancel on the Instant Pot and select sauté again for 10 minutes. Add the mushrooms and let the sauce simmer and thicken.
- Serve with mashed potatoes
Instant Brands Official Recipe Contributor:Recipe by @edit.eats