Baked Eggs with Creamy Spinach & Ham
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 shallot finely diced
- 115 g sliced ham cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 450 g baby spinach
- 80 ml double cream
- Salt & pepper
- 4 large eggs
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley for serving optional
- Crusty bread for serving
- Select Sauté (low) on the Instant Pot and heat 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until just softened, about 1 minute.
- Add the ham, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes then add the remaining butter and the spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and a bit of salt and cook until most of the liquid has been reduced, about 15 minutes, then season with more salt and some pepper.
- Press the Cancel button , and carefully make four wells in the spinach and carefully crack one egg into each well.
- Secure the lid and select Pressure Cook on low and set the cook time for 1 minute.
- When the cooking program has finished, quick release the pressure.
- Transfer each egg on a bed of spinach to a plate, top with parsley, if using, and more pepper, and serve with a slice of crusty bread.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!