Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos
- Vortex Air Fryer
- 12 jalapeno peppers about 3 to 4 inches long
- 125 g cream cheese softened
- 65 g shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 green onions, white and green parts finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 bacon slices, cut in half crosswise
- Cut jalapeños in half lengthwise and use a sharp paring knife or spoon to scoop out the seeds and ribs.
- In a bowl, combine softened cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, garlic, green onions, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Using a small spoon or kitchen knife, fill each jalapeño half with cheese mixture, then wrap the jalapeño with a slice of bacon. Continue until all jalapeños are filled and wrapped
- Select Air Fry and program the Temperature to 200°C and set time to 8 minutes. Press Start and preheat the Vortex until display indicates Add Food.
- Carefully place the stuffed & wrapped jalapeños into the frying chamber. Ignore when prompted to Turn Food.
- Once the program has finished and the filling is golden and bubbling and bacon is crispy and browned, use a nonstick spatula to transfer the jalapeños to a serving platter.
- Cool a few minutes before serving.
Courtesy of The Essential Instant Vortex Air Fryer Oven Cookbook by Donnie-Marie Pye © 2020 www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with permission. Available where books are sold.