Bacon and Egg Air Fryer Breakfast Pastries
- Vortex Air Fryer
- 225 g sheet frozen puff pastry
- 85 g grated cheddar cheese
- 4 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled you can Air Fry this in the Vortex beforehand – 8 minutes at 190°C
- 4 eggs
- Finely chopped parsley or chives for garnish
- Follow the package directions for thawing and unfolding the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface, and cut pastry into 4 squares.
- Select Air Fry and adjust the temperature to 198°C and the time to 10 minutes for over easy eggs (or up to 15 minutes for thoroughly cooked eggs), then touch Start for the Vortex to preheat
- When the display indicates “Add Food” place 2 of the squares into the cooking chamber
- After 5 minutes, whilst keeping the pastry within the chamber drawer, use a metal spoon to press down the centre of each pastry to make a “nest”, being careful not to collapse the sides.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the cheese into each nest and push it to the side to line the nest and sprinkle 1/4 of the cooked bacon around the edges of the nest.
- Carefully crack an egg into each of the nests and return the cooking chamber drawer into the Vortex.
- When the display indicates “Turn Food” do nothing.
- When cooking time is complete, check the eggs for desired doneness.
- Repeat steps 2-8 for the other 2 pastry squares.
- Serve warm garnished with chopped parsley or chives.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!