Baby Cottage Pie
Lean beef mince is a wonderful red meat for your baby. This cottage pie can be pureed smooth for younger babies or prepared as directed as a structured meal for babieswho are able to tolerate more texture.Age: 31 weeks +
- Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker
- 1/4 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 green pepper
- 100 g lean beef mince
- 1 large diced tomato
- 1 potato
- 2 tbsp milk
- Mixed herbs
- Place the trivet on the bottom of the Instant Pot inner pot and add 1 cup of water
- Add the chopped potato with 1/3 cup of water to an ovenproof bowl and place on top of the trivet.
- Turn on the Instant Pot to “Steam” and select 10 minutes.
- When the timer ends, quick release by turning the steam release to the venting position allowing the steam to escape, the valve will then drop and the lid will unlock.
- Remove the potato from the water and mash with 2 tablespoons of milk
- Clean and dry the inner pot and turn the Instant Pot on to “Saute” press “Adjust” to “More”
- When the panel says hot, fry the onion and garlic until soft
- Add the green pepper and fry for a further few minutes until soft
- Add the tomato, beef and herbs and brown the meat,
- Press “Cancel” then press “High Pressure” and select 5 minutes
- Serve the beef with the mash or put the beef into an oven proof dish and cover with potato mash then bake at 180 degrees Celsius until golden brown on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!