- Vortex Air Fryer
- 570 g cooked rice
- 125 g leftover curried beef mince
- 1 tbsp ground garlic
- ½ tbsp Aromat
- ½ tbsp mixed Herbs
- 100 g parmesan
- 2 tbsp grated mozzarella
- 4 medium eggs
- 100 g plain flour
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- Arrabiata sauce and extra parmesan for serving
- Put the leftover rice into a bowl and season the rice with garlic, Aromat and mixed herbs.
- Add the Parmesan and grated Mozzarella, and mix all the ingredients together. (If your rice isn't sticky enough to hold itself in a small ball, at this stage - crack one egg into the rice and mix it all together.)
- With damp hands, create a mini patty like shape in your hand, then use 1-2 tsp of the beef and place into the middle of the 'rice patty'.
- Take more rice and place on top of the beef and mould the rice into a ball, ensuring the beef stays in the middle.
- Repeat this and create 8-10 balls.
- Set up for dredging and put the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs into three separate bowls.
- Cover each rice ball in flour, then egg and then the breadcrumbs until all our coated.
- Place the breaded balls in the fridge for around 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, spray all the balls and the air fryer tray with cooking spray
- Select AIR FRY and set the time for 14 minutes at 205°C. Once the Air fryer has preheated add the balls (you may have to work in batches to ensure they aren’t too cramped inside the frying tray.)
- Turn halfway when prompted and cook until golden and crispy.
- Serve on top of a bed of arrabiata sauce, and extra parmesan.
Instant Brands Official Recipe Contributor:Recipe by: @theefoodvibe
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!