Air Fryer Vegetable Biriyani
- Vortex Air Fryer
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 onion chopped
- 5 mushrooms sliced
- 1 pepper sliced
- 2 small carrots chopped
- 1 block of paneer cut in cubes
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tbsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp chopped green chillies
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Coriander to garnish
- Pomegranate to top optional
- Boil the rice in some water for 10 minutes. Once the 10 minutes are up, drain the rice and leave to the side.
- Add the chopped onions, cumin seeds, green chillies, garlic, and ginger paste to a pan and allow to caramelise in some oil. Then add the chopped vegetables and mix.
- Stir in the cubes of paneer along with all the other spices. After a couple of minutes add the salt and pepper.
- Once the vegetables are a little softer but not entirely cooked, take off the heat and leave to the side.
- In an air fryer proof dish, add one layer of rice. Then, add a layer of the vegetable mixture. Keep doing this until the mixture is used up.
- Put the rice as the last layer and garnished with coriander.
- Add a splash of water on top of the rice, to stop the rice from crisping, then select Air Fryer for 15 minutes at 180°C
- Ignore when it says to turn food, and once finished, top with pomegranate seeds!
Instant Brands Official Recipe Contributor: Recipe by @eatwithme.london