Air Fryer Coconut Prawns
- Vortex Air Fryer
- 65 g flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 2 egg whites lightly beaten
- 100 g plain breadcrumbs
- 65 g unsweetened coconut shredded
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp salt
- 450 g prawns peeled
- Sweet chilli sauce for serving
- Set up for dredging: Combine flour, salt and white pepper in a shallow dish. Add egg whites to a second shallow dish. Combine breadcrumbs, coconut, lime zest and salt in a third shallow dish.
- Dredge prawn first in the flour mixture, then in the egg mixture, then place the shrimp in the breadcrumb mixture and press the crumbs firmly on all sides.
- Select Air Fry on the Vortex and adjust the temperature to 200°C and the time to 12 minutes. Touch Start and allow the Vortex to preheat.
- When the display indicates “Add Food” place the coated prawns onto the cooking trays, leaving space between each piece.
- When the display indicates to turn food, flip each of the prawns over, then continue to Air Fry program.
- When the program is complete, remove the prawns and serve with sweet chilli dipping sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!