5 minute Air Fryer Chocolate Lava Cakes
These gooey, chocolatey individual mug cakes are cooked and served in 5 minutes - perfect for a super quick dessert or treat!
- Vortex Air Fryer
- 70 g plain flour
- 110 g golden caster sugar
- 45 g cocoa powder plus a pinch for serving
- 180 ml milk
- 40 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 60 g milk chocolate chopped (plus extra for serving)
- Whipped cream to serve
- Mix all the ingredients - except the milk chocolate - in a bowl until the mixture is thick and creamy. Add a dash more milk if the consistency is too thick and sticky.
- Place 1 tbsp of the milk chocolate into each mug, then add the cake mixture on top, splitting evenly amongst the 4 mugs. Top each mug with the remaining milk chocolate.
- Select 'Air Fry', set the time to 5 minutes and the temperature to 166°C. Press 'Start'. When prompted to 'Add Food', place the 4 mugs inside the air fryer - ignore when the display indicates to 'Turn'.
- When the cooking program finishes, carefully remove the mugs and leave to cool slightly before topping with whipped cream, any remaining chocolate and a dusting of cocoa powder straight into each mug.
- Enjoy immediately for delicious gooey chocolateness!